</p> Chelsea escaped their Carling Cup fourth round tie with a 2-1 win over Everton in extra time thanks to a Daniel Sturridge winner in the 116th minute. But according to Everton manager David Moyes, his side's loss had more to do with Andre Villas-Boas' strange facial contortions than anything that happened on the pitch.

"It was terrifying," Moyes told the press after the match, clearly shaken. "I've never seen anything like that and I know it distracted our players because they kept looking over. Jan Mucha wet himself and I'm certain Drenthe got sent off on purpose just to get away from Andre. The man's got a demon in him. A mental, mental demon."

Chelsea were first to be reduced to 10-men when goalkeeper Ross Turnbull was shown a straight red in the 58th minute. The teams were evened back up when Royston Drenthe was booked for a second time in the 107th minute.

"His face is going to haunt my dreams," Moyes continued, a distant look in his eyes. "It will probably appear atop Katie Price's body or on a giant spider that pops out of the toilet. Maybe inside a pie that tastes really good at first and then I look at it to see what kind it is and BAH! there's his face. How awful would that be?"

Photos: Getty