Now, this is a story all about how/
a goalie flipped mask design upside-down/
and we'd like to take a minute just sit right here/
and we'll tell you why Jordan Binnington has the mask of the year.
In West Richmond Hills, born and raised/
on the hockey rink is where he spent most of his days/
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxing all cool/
and stoppin’ some pucks on the frozen pool/
When a couple of goalies who were up to no good/
Started making trouble in his neighbor(u)rhood/
He got in one little fight and his mom got crass/
She said, “You’re puttin’ that nice Will Smith on your next mask.’
He asked for a mask and when it came by/
It had a wolf on the top and the side was so fly/
If anything he could say that this mask was fresh/
Too bad there wasn’t room for DJ Jazzy Jeff.
Playing goalie for Chicago is Jordan’s task/
He yelled to his artist, 'Yo holmes, nice mask'
He looked at his crease/

He was finally there/
On the side of his face was the Prince of Bel Air.
This is what 20-year old Chicago Wolves netminder Jordan Binnington has done for his 2013-14 mask. The Blues prospect told In Goal Mag that he's always been a big fan of Will Smith's.
“Outside of the TV show, from what I see he is a self-driven individual who knows what he wants in life,” Binnington wrote InGoal when asked to expand on his mask choice. “I couldn’t name one movie I haven’t enjoyed with him in it. Every movie or show has a purpose. The tv show is so creative, I’m laughing out loud every episode. So to sum it all up I just feel we’d be best friends.”
Whoa, Jordan. I think DJ Jazzy Jeff might have something to say about that best friends part.
Bennington was two months away from turning three years old when the six-season run of "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" ended. Thank goodness for syndication, otherwise his generation may have never known there were two Aunt Vivs.
Jason Livery of Head Strong Grafx is the man behind the mask. He also just did Brian Elliott's new lid, which no longer features Casey Jones from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but Mr. Moose, which had been on his backplate in the past.
We hope this use of television characters from the 1980s and '90s becomes a trend; like a backplate featuring Screech from "Saved by the Bell" or the Arnold Drummond "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?" face on the top of a mask.
Follow Sean Leahy on Twitter at @Sean_Leahy