Darell Garretson is staying in the west.
The former Utah State quarterback is transferring to Oregon State. He's going to be a walk on for the Beavers initially and will be eligible to play in 2016 after sitting out a season.
"It doesn't matter," Garretson told the Oregonian about his scholarship situation. "I like the place too much. I actually went there on an unofficial [visit] going into my senior year of high school, and I really liked it then. I don't think it's changed too much."
He's heading to be with a familiar coach in Corvallis too. Former Utah State offensive coordinator Kevin McGiven became OSU's quarterbacks coach in December. The school hired former Utah State head coach Gary Andersen from Wisconsin after Mike Riley became Nebraska's head coach.
Garretson has thrown for 2,586 yards over the last two seasons with 18 touchdowns and 10 interceptions after Utah State starter Chuckie Keeton missed time with knee injuries. He threw for 1,140 yards, eight touchdowns and three interceptions in 2014 after Keeton was once again sidelined. However, Garretson missed the final seven games of the season himself after he hurt his wrist.
Keeton received a medical redshirt and is returning in 2015.

Garretson replaces Luke Del Rio on the Oregon State roster. Del Rio, who transferred from Alabama after the 2013 season, left the team and is reportedly expected to enroll at Florida.
- - - - - - -
Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @NickBromberg