The Philadelphia Flyers have opened the season with consecutive losses, including a humiliating 7-1 defeat at the hands of the Florida Panthers on Saturday night that saw them give up four goals in the first 6:46 of the game.*
Punctuating the putrid start? The Flyers held that harbinger of doom, the players’ only meeting, just two games into the season.
We now take you inside that meeting:
“Guys, I’m not sure if Berube’s the right coach for us anymore.”
“Dude, Berube was fired last season.”
“Wait, who’s our coach now?”
“Hakstol.”
“He’s the GM.”
“No, HAKstol.”
“Where’s he from?”
“North Dakota.”
“The Fighting Sioux?”
“They’re not called that anymore.”
“Is there anything in life I can trust anymore?”
(Annnnnd scene.)
From Philly.com, a bit of insight into the actual Flyers Players Only Meeting:
"There's nobody to put this game on except myself," [goalie Steve] Mason said, "and I take full responsibility for it. When your starting goaltender performs like that, it puts everybody behind the eight-ball right away."
Afterward, the Flyers held a players-only meeting.
"It wasn't necessarily about the score; it was about how we played," Jake Voracek said. "You have to turn the page, and we play those guys on Monday - and it's a whole new game," said defenseman Mark Streit, who scored the Flyers' lone goal.

The Flyers watched as Vincent Trocheck opened the scoring at 1:23 of the first period; Nick Bjugstad tallied on the power play at 4:55; Reilly Smith tallied on the power play at 5:46; and Jussi Jokinen scored at 6:46 at even strength.
That was all for Mason.
Then Jaromir Jagr scored 33 seconds in the second period, and the game was pretty much said and done. (Jagr scored again in the third period.)*
From Dave Isaac, Flyers coach Dave Hakstol said:*
“It’s early in the year,” said Hakstol, whose legendary stare to disappointing players during his days at the University of North Dakota probably made its NHL debut. “The one thing that’s absolute is that no one is going to overreact. You take this situation and deal with it for what it is and deal with it honestly. Most of those dealings will take place in the locker room.”
Whether Hakstol’s in the room or not.*
MORE FROM YAHOO SPORTS