Ethan Tracy is a Web.com Tour winner, and he did it dramatic fashion. (Getty Images) For Ethan Tracy, the right shot at the right time helped him score his first Web.com Tour win.
Tracy was about 100 yards from the hole location on the 18th hole at Bogota Country Club, in the final hole of regulation. At the time, Tracy had an idea that he could still win the tournament if he pulled off an unlikely hole out on the closing par 5. He took dead aim and produced an incredible result.
Ethan Tracy needed to hole this from 101 yards to force a playoff …
Never a doubt.#TopShot pic.twitter.com/5oySMTVHNb
— Web.com Tour (@WebDotComTour) February 12, 2017
As it turned out, that eagle 3 was enough to reach 13-under total and land in a playoff with Mexico’s Roberto Diaz.
“I was trying to make it,” said Tracy. “I knew 13 (under) was the number. I was going to get it all the way back to that pin and if it went over so be it. I had to give it a chance.”
Tracy, who played the closing hole 5 under for the tournament, then went into extra holes with Diaz. Both made par the first time around, but Tracy was able to sink a birdie putt on the second playoff hole to pickup the win in just his fourth Web.com Tour start.
For the native Ohioan, this likely is a ticket to the PGA Tour — quite a turnaround from missing the cut in the first two events of the season in the Bahamas.
“I know I’m playing well and putted well this week,” said Tracy. “I just went home in the off-week and worked hard,

and it shows that my hard work is paying off.”

Ryan Ballengee is a Yahoo Sports contributor. Find him on Facebook and Twitter.