On one hand, being a cameraman working at an NBA game sounds like a pretty amazing gig — sure, people are always mad at you for being too close to the action, but that's because you get to be so close to the action, granted a front-row, floor-level seat every night to watch some of the best athletes in the world ply their trade.
On the other, not only is it a tough gig to master, but there are certain occupational hazards that don't often plague those of us in other kinds of workplaces. For example, um, the high-post passing of Utah Jazz center Enes Kanter.
Head's up:
Another look (albeit without sound, sorry):
Ouch. I mean, credit to the operator for the brand of professionalism that kept him staring down the barrel even as it was barreling down on him, but oof.
As you might expect, the cameraman was a bit shaken up by the incident:
Cameraman just walked out of the game after getting hit in the head with an errant Enes Kanter pass.
— Andy Larsen (@andyblarsen) December 10, 2013
Team trainer Geoff Clark is attending to the camera man who got hit in the face by an errant pass from Kanter. He ... doesn't look great. — Casey Holdahl (@CHold) December 10, 2013
But you can't keep a good man down for long, as Blazers beat reporter Erik Gunderson of The Columbian informed us early in the fourth quarter:
CAMERA GUY BACK
— Erik Gundersen (@blazerbanter) December 10, 2013
I'm glad to hear that he was feeling better and up to resuming his duties. If it was me, though, I might have taken the opportunity to see if I could get out of work early; sometimes it's just not your night, you know?

The Jazz know, of course — despite game work from the backcourt troika of Gordon Hayward (17 points, five rebounds), Trey Burke (15 points, six rebounds, five assists) and reserve Alec Burks (a team-high 20 points on 8 for 11 shooting in 25 minutes), Utah fell to the Blazers, 105-94, to notch their fourth straight loss and see add another L to their NBA-worst 4-19 record. LaMarcus Aldridge the way with 24 points, six rebounds and four assists, and the Blazers got strong outings from Robin Lopez (15 points, 11 rebounds) and Nicolas Batum (seven points, 11 assists, eight rebounds) to improve their Western Conference-best mark to 18-4.
Kanter, who donated more than 200 gifts to Toys for Tots earlier Monday, finished with 19 points, five rebounds, two assists, two steals, one block and one memorable, and painful, turnover.
- - - - - - -
Dan Devine is an editor for Ball Don't Lie on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @YourManDevine
Stay connected with Ball Don't Lie on Twitter @YahooBDL, "Like" BDL on Facebook and follow BDL's Tumblr for year-round NBA talk, jokes and more.