Texas didn't even play on Saturday and yet the Mack Brown job discussion circus kept on going.
After the news broke of USC's dismissal of Lane Kiffin Sunday morning, former Texas running back Earl Campbell said that it was time for Brown to go at Texas and that he liked the way that USC went ahead and terminated Kiffin before the season was over.
From Fox 26:
"Nobody likes to get fired or leave a job, but things happen," Campbell said. "I'd go on record and say 'yes I think it's time.'
"I'd just say this, I take my hat off for USC for what they've done. They didn't mess around with it. They just said 'let's do it now.'* I think at some point our university's people are going to have make a decision."
Campbell then wondered if Brown, 62, was too old.
"Some people get too old," he said. "If players get too old to play a game, why can't a coach get too old to coach it."
It's probably worth pointing out that Nick Saban, the man who already has a movement at Texas in his favor to replace Brown if he departs, is just a year younger than Brown.
Campbell also said that Brown was a good man and compared the situation to when Texas legend Darrell Royal retired while he was playing.
Texas is 2-2 and 1-0 in the Big 12 after defeating Kansas State for the first time in 10 years. Plus, the Big 12 conference title might have gotten a little more attainable after Oklahoma State lost Saturday to West Virginia.

Brown's future has also been reported to be tied to that of Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds. Earlier in September, it was reported that Dodds was preparing to step down at the end of the year, a report that the university strongly denied.
The rumors of Saban to Texas started when it was revealed that a Texas regent -- who is now being looked at for possible impeachment -- spoke with Jimmy Sexton, the Alabama coach's agent, after the BCS title game.
- - -
Want to join the conversation? Hit us up on Twitter @YahooDrSaturday. Be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.