After being announced as the pace car driver for the 100th Indianapolis 500, Donald Trump will not be the driver. While Trump was chosen a while ago, his selection came under fire after his continued remarks about President Barack Obama's birthplace.

And it was his choice. Seriously. Just read the quotes.

"I very much appreciate the honor, but time and business constraints make my appearance there, especially with the necessary practice sessions, impossible to fulfill," Trump said. "I look forward to watching the race from New York."

See, he totally made the decision to step down himself. The man's busy hosting the (already recorded) Celebrity Apprentice, verifying President Obama's birth certificate and telling every media outlet that he can that he may be running for president. Those are some serious obligations. And it takes a lot of training to drive a car at highway speed and make four left turns per 2.5 miles.

No replacement driver has been announced, but according to the Indianapolis Star, AJ Foyt is the leading candidate. He seems like a logical replacement on such short notice given his familiarity with the Brickyard as he wouldn't require nearly as much practice time.