Rise and grind, there’s a full slate of DFS that asks for your attention. As always, please double check the weather and lineups as first pitch approaches.
I’ve said plenty of skeptical things about Stephen Strasburg over the years, but I can’t deny how dominant he’s been since returning in August: 2.24 ERA, 6 BB, 72 K, .176 average against. He’s a -250 favorite Saturday against the Phils, and a reasonable $58 in the Yahoo game. That works.
Although it’s tempting to go with Tim Hudson at a giveaway (and perhaps thematic) $17 tag, I’ll swing a little higher with the second pitcher: Jaime Garcia. He’s at home against Milwaukee, a -256 favorite, and not prohibitive on the cost at $43. His Busch Stadium resume (1.78 ERA, 0.89 WHIP) inspires confidence, though he might miss Yadier Molina behind the plate.
Hopefully pitchers enjoyed the brief lull with Paul Goldschmidt; he’s been a monster again over the last two weeks (.333/.467/.708, four homers). I’ll pay the vanity price of $22, looking at a platoon edge against ordinary Robbie Erlin. We’ll also bring Yasmany Tomas ($9) along for the ride, as he has an .811 OPS against southpaws.
Xander Bogaerts ($17) is one reason Boston fans are excited about the 2016 season. He’s hitting .351 in the second half, and .377 against left-handers. Dial him up against Wei-Yin Chen.
Chris Young ($11) against any lefty (.952 OPS), you know that drill. John Danks is a good draw, but the other name could be anyone.
We can’t know the Dodgers backstop starter in the morning, but I’m fine to punt with Yasmany Grandal () or A.J. Ellis () in the thin air. You know the Colorado drill.

David Wright ($14) hasn’t been ridiculous since he returned to action, but a .298 average and .371 OBP, that will work. He’s in the platoon edge against John Lamb, which sounds good to me. Mets might be in a clinching mood.
Mostly we’re dialing up Eric Sogard because he’s inexpensive and fits the need for a punt, though he does have a silly slash (.346/.393/.654) over a brief September sample. He’ll make contact against Hudson.
The Red Sox are probably going bullpen game Saturday, so the platoon edge might not be constant for Steve Pearce ($8). Consider him just a placeholder for now - you’ll find a better option when the starters and lineup spots are known.