As always when playing Yahoo Daily Fantasy Baseball, be sure to check the final lineups and the weather.
With more options available for contests starting at 7:05 ET, I’m going to concentrate on Wednesday’s later batch of games.
My full lineup:
SP: John Lackey $44
SP: Francisco Liriano $39
C: Yan Gomes $11
1B: Mark Teixeira $12
2B: Starlin Castro $16
3B: Josh Donaldson $20
SS: Didi Gregorius $12
OF: Yoenis Cespedes $21
OF: Trayce Thompson $7
OF: Carlos Beltran $18
Lackey is having a terrific season, as he owns a 0.97 WHIP and a 47:10 K:BB ratio over 48.1 innings. He gets a Brewers team that’s struck out the third most times in all of baseball, and the Cubs are big favorites (-185)...The Pirates are also heavily favored (-190) over a dreadful Braves team that’s scored by far the fewest runs in MLB, and although Liriano has downright ugly numbers overall, he’s allowed just one run with 16 strikeouts over 12.2 innings at home this season.

[Join a Yahoo Daily Fantasy Baseball contest now]
Gomes has homered three times with eight RBI over his past four games, while Donaldson has three homers over 14 career at bats versus Jake Odorizzi, who’s been pounded by right-handed batters (.509 slugging against) in 2016...Thompson has quietly had a very productive season with a .307/.358/.613 line, and he now owns a career .925 OPS over 197 at bats. He’s a steal priced at just $7...Meanwhile, Cespedes is hitting .381/.567/.762 against southpaws this season.
Miller owns a hideous 6.94 ERA and a 1.74 WHIP on the year with a 22:23 K:BB ratio. He’s allowed 21 earned runs over 25.1 innings at home, as Chase Field continues to play as one of the best hitter’s parks in baseball. Miller’s average fastball velocity is a career low, and his 6.4 SwStr% ranks in the bottom five in baseball among starters. In a terrific hitting environment against a pitcher who’s struggling mightily, it seems like a good time to stack Yankees, so I went with Castro, Gregorius, Beltran and Teixeira, all of whom were also reasonably priced.
Good luck with your contests Wednesday.
Follow Dalton Del Don on Twitter.