Heads-up: If you like football and giant piles of money, here's a contest that allows you to enjoy both. Give it a try. But if your only focus is baseball, we've got you covered there, too. Here's a fresh batch of daily plays...
[Yahoo Daily Fantasy Football: Enter our $1 Million Week 1 contest]
Marlon Byrd, OF, vs. CHC (Haren), $9: Byrd has dominated Haren historically, going 14-for-33 with five doubles, one triple and three homers. At a near-minimum price, you can't pass on him here.
Carlos Rodon, P, vs. Sea (Nuno), $42: In case you hadn't noticed, Rodon has really been a beast lately, allowing just three earned runs over his last three starts (22.0 IP) while striking out 24. I'm happy to roll with him here, facing an opponent that ranks next-to-last in the A.L. in team OBP (.305). Fear Cruz, but not the rest.
Denard Span, OF, vs. SD (Cashner), $8: Take the post-DL discount, gamers. This is a gift. If you're looking to squeeze Bumgarner or Greinke into a lineup, I'd recommend starting Byrd and Span in your outfield at a total cost of $17. Denard is coming off a two-hit game and he's slashing .333/.393/.478 against RHPs this year.
[Play a Daily Fantasy contest for cash today!]
Gerrit Cole, P, at Mia (Nicolino), : Bit of a one-sided matchup, no? Cole is cheaper than Bumgarner on Thursday, and he's arguably a better bet for a win (-190). We shouldn't need to explain that he's a badass, and the Marlins are something less than dominant (51-76).

Kolten Wong, 2B vs. Ari (De La Rosa), $13: He'd been slumping, sure, but he seems to have recently corrected his issues, going 3-for-9 over his last two games with a pair of doubles. I just always like to deploy at least one left-handed bat against Rubby, and Wong is wonderfully cheap. LHBs are hitting .313/.370/.567 against De La Rosa; Wong has hit .274/.338/.435 against RHPs, with 10 of his 11 homers. What could possibly go wrong?
Evan Longoria, OF, vs. Min (Milone), $16: Just a reminder that Milone has owned LHBs this year (.495 OPS), but right-handed batters have hit him well (.828 OPS, 12 HR, 29 XBH in 258 AB). I like Longo, Cabrera and Forsythe here.
Various Royals, various positions, vs. Bal (Tillman), various prices: Tillman hasn't been stellar in three starts this month — 16.0 IP, 10 ER, 4 HR, 5 BB, 11 K — and he has a poor (if limited) history against several Royals hitters. Moose is 3-for-8 with a homer against him, Kendrys is 5-for-9 and Escobar is 4-for-11. Zobrist has three homers and only three Ks in 40 career plate appearances. We have a bunch of well-priced Royals on the board on Thursday, so feel free to play two.