Cristie Kerr shot 128 on the weekend to win her 19th LPGA title. (Getty Images) Cristie Kerr had a career weekend on the Big Island of Hawaii, capping off a barnstorming final two rounds to win the LPGA’s Lotte Championship at Ko Olina Golf Club.
After shooting a back-nine 29 to finish off a 62 in Friday’s third round, Kerr shot 6-under 66 in Saturday to put away the 72-hole event by three shots over Lydia Ko, In-Gee Chun and Su-Yeon Jang with a tournament-record total of 20-under 268.
The win is Kerr’s 19th on the LPGA, and it’s her first since taking the 2015 season-ending CME Group Tour Championship.
“You know, on Friday morning I wasn’t playing too well and then I just found something and was able to turn it on and I just kept it going,” Kerr said after the win. “I can’t remember two and a half days after I struggled with my swing feel, and then made so many birdies in my life. It was an unbelievable run.”
The former U.S. Women’s Open winner believes she got some good luck from Mother Nature earlier in the week.
“I didn’t even think about it until after I shot 10-under (Friday) that turtles are really good luck for me. They always have been. I went swimming with the turtles on Friday afternoon and I inadvertently touched one,” she said. “The patrols are out there so that you don’t harm them, but it kind of swam at me and I touched it, and it was really, really good luck.”

Kerr is the second American to win on the LPGA Tour this year, as Brittany Lincicome won the season-opener in the Bahamas.

Ryan Ballengee is a Yahoo Sports contributor. Find him on Facebook and Twitter.