We know how Clayton Kershaw is celebrating his NL Cy Young award, by playing ping pong and video games with his buddies in collared shirts. And Corey Kluber, what's he going to do after being crowned Wednesday as the AL's best pitcher in 2014? His night promises to be just as wild.
The Cleveland Indians ace, whose breakthrough season ended with the Cy Young upset of Felix Hernandez, told MLB Network about his plans right after winning the award.
"Probably go home and give my daughters a bath, or something boring like that," Kluber said.
Well, everything is better with a Cy Young award. Even bath time. Kluber probably didn't make any big plans, because he said he didn't expect to win. His numbers obviously made him a contender — he led the AL in wins and was second in strikeouts. He finished the season 18-9 with a 2.44 ERA and 269 strikeouts in 235 innings.*
But Kluber wasn't the name brand that King Felix is, but Kluber was better toward the finish. That's why Kluber earned 17 of the 30 first-place votes given by the Baseball Writers Association of America. One year after his moderately successful first full MLB season, Kluber is a Cy Young winner. Nobody in spring training would have predicted this.
An hour and a half after his MLB Network declaration, Kluber was still making the media rounds, but the Indians were kind enough to update on bath status:
CK, on his celebrating by giving his daughters a bath: “I haven’t had time yet, but they’re still awake, so I guess there’s still a chance.”
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) November 13, 2014
When he got home, Corey's wife Amanda shared a picture on Twitter. It wasn't a bath, but it was still nice:*
Proud of Daddy!!! #CyKluber @CKluber @Indians pic.twitter.com/hULVrZFkTI
— Amanda Kluber (@AmandaKluber) November 13, 2014
Definitely better than video games.

More MLB coverage from Yahoo Sports:

- - - - - - -
Mike Oz is an editor for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @MikeOz