Eleven years into a big league career, we have a pretty good idea who Huston Street is. He records a lot of saves, and he needs regular maintenance. One minute he’s Fascination Street, the next minute it’s Shakedown Street.*
Street’s Wednesday appearance covered all the bases. He set the Rockies down in the ninth, working around a double and intentional walk, en route to save No. 24. He’s sitting on 299 for his career. He’s having another strong season (2.27 ERA, 0.93 WHIP).*
[Play a Daily Fantasy contest for cash today!l]
Alas, Street tweaked his right groin during the final pitch at Coors, putting his weekend status at Seattle in doubt. Street’s had plenty of groin issues during his career, and he hasn’t made it past 60 innings since 2009. It’s a nifty model, but it often needs time in the shop.*

Street didn’t sound too concerned about the injury, albeit that’s how most athletes roll. "Your initial reaction when you know something is not perfect is you are frustrated with the happenstance,” he told the Angels official site. “But then you turn the page and see, 'How can I get back as fast as I can?' Hopefully it's in the Seattle series. If it's not then, then I think it should be pretty close after the All-Star break."
The Angels have a defined bullpen structure, which means*Joe Smith is probably the stand-in closer if Street needs any rest. Smith is having another solid year (2.72 ERA, 1.07 WHIP), and you’ll recall he recorded 15 saves as a part-time stopper last year. While we wait for more definition on the Street injury, make sure Smith isn’t floating around your waiver wire. He’s ready to go in 81 percent of Yahoo leagues.*