Well, that didn't take long.
Golf Channel analyst and Golf.com contributor Brandel Chamblee made waves last week by questioning the on-course ethics of Tiger Woods.
Tiger had a couple of rules situations this season including a headline-stealer at the Masters, and while he won five PGA Tour events and Player of the Year, Chamblee gave Tiger a "F" grade for the season because, as he put it, Tiger "was a little cavalier with the rules."
Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, was extremely upset with the cheating allegations, saying that legal action could come, but that seems like it won't be the case as Chamblee has apologized on Twitter for calling Tiger out the way he did in his article.
What brought me here was the realization that my comments inflamed an audience on two sides of an issue.
— brandel chamblee (@chambleebrandel) October 23, 2013
Golf is a gentleman's game and I'm not proud of this debate. I want to apologize to Tiger for this incited discourse. — brandel chamblee (@chambleebrandel) October 23, 2013
My intention was to note Tiger's rules infractions this year, but comparing that to cheating in grade school went too far.
— brandel chamblee (@chambleebrandel) October 23, 2013
Chamblee was due to apologize, mostly because everyone seemed to be in agreement that taking his column to the level he did was unnecessary. Questioning a drop or two from Woods is one thing, but taking those sample size situations and making it his entire year seemed shortsighted.

The apology didn't go without Chamblee admitting he wasn't pushed to a decision to apologize, tweeting, "And no - I was not asked to apologize," but maybe the best part of this whole story about one man implying that another was a cheater on the golf course is what Chamblee has in his Twitter profile - "Name callers blocked."
No word yet if Tiger took that advice and hit that ominous red button on Twitter.
- - - - - - -
Shane Bacon is the editor of Devil Ball Golf and Busted Racquet on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter at @ShaneBacon!