Baylor’s national championship hopes were crushed last Saturday when they were dominated on the road at Oklahoma State, and running back Shock Linwood has not handled the loss too well according to the Dallas Morning News.
“The way it’s gone for me, I haven’t had much sleep,” Linwood said. “I was up late last night thinking about the game until 3 or 4 in the morning. I went outside a couple times. I was hot, and it was cool last night and raining.”
There is still a lot for Baylor to play for, but Linwood, who fumbled twice in the 49-17 loss, is having a hard time getting focused on Saturday’s game with TCU.
“I just have to let it go, get on with TCU,” he said. “I do not know [how] yet. I haven’t been in a predicament like this before.”
Baylor still has the chance to go 11-1 and win a Big 12 title. The Bears (9-1, 6-1 Big 12) also remain in the mix to play in a BCS bowl game. A struggling TCU team (4-7, 2-6) could be the perfect medicine for the Bears to get back on track.
“We’re fine, we really are,” head coach Art Briles said. “I mean, what choice do you have? My goodness, we played a good football team, and they made the plays when they needed to make them. To me it’s a great chance to show our resolve, our toughness and where our direction is.”

- - -
Want to join the conversation? Hit us up on Twitter @YahooDrSaturday be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.