Barret Jackman doesn’t score often, but when he does he seems to pick his spots wisely. You may recall his two big goals for the St. Louis Blues during the 2013 and 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs. He scored in unique fashion on Tuesday, but the stakes weren’t as high.*
With the Blues and Winnipeg Jets tied at 4-4 with 1:03 left in the third period, Jackman took a pass in the neutral zone from Roberto Bortuzzo and flipped the puck toward Ondrej Pavelec. A funny thing then happened: it went in.

Pavelec had relieved Michael Hutchinson midway through the second period after the Blues took a 4-1 lead. Winnipeg clawed back, scoring three times in the third period, including a pair of goals by Andrew Ladd and Lee Stempniak 11 seconds apart, but Jackman’s floater would end up being the difference.
"It went in,” said Jets head coach Paul Maurice, via the Winnipeg Free Press. “There was nothing magical about it.”
"I was just trying to get the puck in and give our forwards an opportunity," said Jackman, via the AP. "Their goalie kind of lost track of it. We'll take it anyway we can.”
The goal was Jackman’s first in 36 games and second of the season. The win moved St. Louis to within two points of the Nashville Predators and the Central Division lead. The Blues currently have two games in hand.*

"I've never really screamed for a goal that we got and that was a quick girlie high-pitch scream I had," said Blues netminder Brian Elliott. "Not pretty, but we'll take the two points and move on, that's for sure."
- - - - - - -
Sean Leahy is the associate editor for Puck Daddy on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @Sean_Leahy
MORE FROM YAHOO HOCKEY: