MELBOURNE, Australia – Victoria Azarenka won her fourth round match Monday afternoon in Melbourne, 6-2, 6-4, putting her into the Australian Open quarterfinals. She looked solid throughout the match, but afterwards admitted she'd had a headache going into it. Why? She was so worried about the result of the AFC Championship.
When she started her post-match interview on court, she hadn't even finished her first answer before she stopped. "Can somebody please tell me, did the Broncos win?" she asked. The Broncos indeed won, defeating the New England Patriots. Azarenka's reaction is priceless.

"Are you more happy they won or you won?" the announcer asked. "Both, both," Vika said. "I was so nervous the whole morning I didn't watch, I didn't want to know the result." She added that she can understand why tennis fans get nervous watching her, because she herself is a sports fanatic.*
"I turned on TV while I was having breakfast and I just couldn't look over there because -- you know, I'm a huge sports fan, so when I'm a fan of somebody, I'm a die hard. I'll get nervous," she later told reporters.*
As for the connection to the Broncos, she said she's just been a Peyton Manning fan from the beginning. She's never met him, but has a mutual family friend. She's fascinated with American football in general, she said, because there is so much strategy involved.*
On court, the announcer pointed out that Vika has celebrated her Australian Open wins in the same way Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton celebrates on the field, by dabbing.

Who would she root for when Newton's Panthers face the Broncos in the Super Bowl? Vika didn't say.*She doesn't need to worry about that – next weekend's women's final will not interfere with the Super Bowl. "That's my dream final," she said.
"I think it's Cam's dream, you know, and Peyton, you know, so deep in his career it's definitely a dream again," she later added, saying that she can't pick a favorite. "It's going to be awesome."
As soon as she left the court, she showed*her support on Twitter.