Never let it be said that Andre Ethier does not travel in style. What you see above is how the Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder looked when the team departed for St. Louis, where it will play the Cardinals on Friday night in Game 6 of the NLCS.
Plaid suit? Matching shoes? Bow tie? What Ethier might be thinking: "I look too good to be eliminated."
Here's another view of Ethier's colorful suit, via teammate A.J. Ellis' Twitter.
The Joke had arrived...off to STL pic.twitter.com/9iQV4frJFJ
— AJ Ellis (@AJEllis17) October 17, 2013
We've come up with more possible explanations for Ethier dressing like this:
• He lost a clubhouse bet and the consequence was "Dressing Like Craig Sager" for a day.
• Ethier, upset at all the talk about the Dodgers being too flashy, said, "Flash? I'll show you guys some flash."
• Knowing that the Dodgers have retired the "Mickey Mouse" shenanigans, Ethier's now moved on to Willy Wonka. Obviously, Juan Uribe is Augustus Gloop and Nick Punto is an Oompa Loompa.

• It's a subliminal way of telling the Dodgers, "If you want to trade me in the offseason, I'd love to go to the Tampa Bay Rays."
• Andre Ethier is a hipster.
- - - - - - -
Mike Oz is an editor for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @MikeOz