I just got a mosin nagant and I have a few questions.

1. People keep saying something about cleaning cosmoline. I looked it up and it says its the gel like stuff that came on the gun to help prevent rust? So what now? Meaning like, do I take the gun apart and clean all of it off before I shoot it for the first time this Sunday? After that, I don't have to worry about it since there will be no more?

2. I also read from the surplus ammo, since its corrosive, you have to clean it a special way. So I will look up videos on youtube to find out how. But doe this mean after everyday I shoot it I should clean it? How well? Like lets say after this Sunday, after shooting 50+ rounds, I don't plan on shooting it for 1 week, maybe 2, should I completely take the gun apart and clean it?

3. Going back to question 2, lets say I go hunting with it and I fire one, maybe 2 rounds one day. Should I clean it? How well? Completely or just the barrel? Then when I get home 3-4 days later I would completely clean it.

4. My dad said the surplus ammo won't be good for hunting because its meant for target practicing and would make little damage to the deer and it would get away before it died. What brand of ammo do you recommend for deer hunting?

Thanks for the help! Any other advice would help a lot. This gun looks so cool and I hope I will have some great fun with it, even if I don't hunt with it. (Depending on the accuracy, i will decide if I will hunt with it. Otherwise I'm going back to my .270 Win.
He said we would have to get hollow points for hunting.