Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    fiestyredhead

Is there a quality difference between regular cell phones and prepaid cell phones?

Other than having a rate plan through the wireless provider.....Is there a difference in the cell phones themselves? Quality of the phone? Meaning: What is the difference between a prepaid (pay as you go) Sony Ericsson Z310a and a regular Sony Ericsson Z310a cell phone? Remember I am asking what the difference is OTHER THAN the cost of phone calls or having a rate plan

Katia6914

Is there a quality difference between regular cell phones and prepaid cell phones?

There is no difference in the quality whatsoever. They are usually the SAME kind of phones that you would use on post paid plans...... They just make certain phones for prepay so that it's easier to set it all up

Downloads
    Uploads

I had a prepaid razor and it didn't have the ability to take a memory card like my new one does with my plan, but the one I got with the plan doesn't have ne games, like the other one did. I think all companies have different features regardless of how the plans are set up.

kanoak

There is no difference, just the rates.

Downloads
    Uploads

No the reception with a good network coupled with a good hand set is as, regardless to pre pay or contract phone. If your out of range, well your out of range.

loanmasterone

There is no difference other than the pay plan you select. If you select to pay on a monthly plan or pay as you go when you are in need of minutes.I hope this has been of some use to you, good luck."FIGHT ON"

fernando1982fer

On some companies you may get any phone for prepaid, however, you will pay full price of it. And with full price... I mean double or triple the price in store (as it's set for a two years contract)If not... you have some phones that you can purchase anywhere. If you do not care about features and you are going to use it sparingly, go ahead and get a pre-paid. For $49.99 you may get a nice flip phone with camera and with $10 worth of minutes... If you care about capabilities and/or you are going to speak and text message a lot.. go ahead for a contract... it's worth.