( I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out my survey)

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Adam Blampied and I am a final year undergraduate studying Business Information Technology, BSc (Hons) at Bournemouth University. As part of my final year project I am carrying out a survey into the importance and role of open source software in today’s economy. The objectives of my project are:-

To establish to what extent Open Source Software (OSS) is currently used by organisations.

To determine to what extent, if any, businesses are more likely to use OSS as a result of the current financial crisis.

To establish whether or not OSS is adequate for business use compared to proprietary software.

To discover what approaches to software acquisition organisations take.

To determine to what extent, if any, will the use of OSS provide an economic benefit to a business.

I have deliberately kept the questionnaire as short as possible so that your time involved in completing this will be minimal. The survey can be found at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=t3ZFO15VuePemI25GeczGw_3d_3d Once the report and findings have been produced (which will of course provide complete anonymity for respondents) then if requested on the questionnaire I will provide you with a copy of my report and analysis which I hope may prove useful to you and your business.

I would be very grateful if you would complete the survey as soon as possible and certainly by the 8th April 2009. I look forward to receiving your response and am very grateful for your time, your input and your assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Adam William Blampied
[email protected]
Tel: 07976269067