I have some minor roof repair to do, and I do not want to buy and entire roll of tar paper/felt for under the shingles. Is there a substitute? Can I just spread plastic or rubberized roof sealant on the wood or use a plastic sheet etc.? It's not that it's all that expensive, but I would only be using about 2 linear feet at the most, and I'd hate to waste the rest.