Ok, first a little background as to why I ask.

I've been around smokers all my life. My grandmother especially, who's lived in my house since I was 2. Normally the smokers in my family were careful not to smoke around me, but as I've gotten older and things have gotten harder, they pretty much don't care anymore.

When I say all my life, I mean all my life. Well, minus maybe two years (0 to 2 years old). I'm 20 now, and stress has finally gotten to me, as has all the excess nicotine and tobacco floating around in the clouds of 2nd hand smoke.

I know there's no such thing as a "safe smoke", all of it makes tar and carbon-monoxide, which will screw over my lungs... But I was wondering if anyone knew of any plants that were safe enough to push in a pipe with a good filter, and smoke maybe once a week.

I looked around google and yahoo for a while now, and I find nothing but ones that are meant to induce highs or some other such. The 'herbal' smokes.... Though I am attempted to try the lucid dreaming herb, I'd like to recall my dreams...

Anyways, some of them I've read on medical sites can produce something that crystallizes in your lungs. I'm trying to avoid anything that could get me addicted, or ruin my lungs quickly. I'll probably only smoke such a blend until the urges pass, but they've been going on for about three years now and I REALLY don't want to start smoking actual cigarettes.

Willpower will only last so long, and I'm starting to reach my breaking point. I suspect the simple action of it will help, but I'm not entirely sure. Can anyone out there actually give me an educated run down of any herbal blends that won't induce a high, get me addicted, or completely ruin my health?

I'm about to go steal one of my grandmother's cigarettes here....