Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quit Smoking! I have smoked for almost 10 years (10 - 20 a day). I have quit 5...

...days ago.? I have smoked for almost 10 years (10 - 20 a day). I have quit 5 days ago. No help from patches or any other nicotine products. I want to know if it is too early to think that I am okay? I had night sweats for two nights - eat as normal, and don't miss a cigarette too much. My friend smoke and I sat with her today not wanting a cigarette. Is this how it is to quit? Or should I make myself ready for the hard part still to come?

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW welldone but remember not to start again and think how much money your saving now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try exercising. puts fresh in your lungs.and makes it all worth while i would say you are over the worst of your Habit but it only take a stupid moment to relapse.and remember the cravings only last a few seconds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i quit 5 weeks ago and last friday i started again i was doin great to then i caved for no reason just keep goin its hard

Downloads
    Uploads
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    I have treated many people with the use of hypnosis to help them quit smoking and they had very similiar experiences to yours since stopping. What you are experiencing sounds very natural and should find you go from strength to strength. Don't even expect to fall back! If you can sit with your friends and not even crave a cig then it sounds like you are well on your way!! With my Clients that part seemed to be the hardest hurdle to overcome!!! So very WELL DONE to you!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    i do only smoke 2 smokes a day or mabe 5 and i still find it hard worse still has to come

Downloads
    Uploads
    I smoked for 33 years (I am 44 and smoked 15 - 20 a day) and quit 5 weeks ago today. I have to confess, you seem to be finding it very easy - which is great for you, but kind of hard to understand from another quitters point of view.

I confess I still crave a ciggy daily, although the temptation is less and less as I have a few weeks behind me. I still cannot sleep very well (was up until 4am this morning due to nagging of nicotine in my head) and miss ciggies.

My point really is NEVER think you are ok, no matter how easy you seem to have found giving up smoking. It only takes one to get you on the slippery slope again. I am really pleased you are finding it easy, a couple of days suffering and I think everyone who still smokes could give up without a problem, however, for the majority of us it is a lot harder (which is why some start again after weeks/months or even years of quitting, it stays with you apparently) and longer before we start to feel the benefit.

Good luck, keep on being a none smoker.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty impressive, just make sure you keep at it.
    Even if you desperately want one, don't smoke, because then your just back at the start trying again.
    Will power is the most important thing when trying to quit smoking.
    I hope it works and good luck!

Junior Member SemiConsciousLiquid's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always heard that if you're not craving them after 3 days, you're pretty much in the clear.