My mom calls MMA human dog fighting?

Rambo220

Feb 26, 2009
What do you think of this, I disagreed, respectively of course.
tayhay, thanks for remembering its my mom

I like MMA, particularly UFC, however I actually think your mum's description was pretty accurate.

To those who are being a bit derogatory - try and remember it is the kid's mum!

i agree with you
i see this as civilized fighting and a way to make a living and entertain people
MMA is world wide so lot's of people agree with you

I like MMA, particularly UFC, however I actually think your mum's description was pretty accurate.

To those who are being a bit derogatory - try and remember it is the kid's mum!

Boxing=15 deaths per year.
MMA= 15 years of running and only 1 death.

She doesnt understand MMA, which is why she is so critical. She would be correct if she was talking about the original UFC, but then it wasnt mma. Now it is a combination of brazilian jiu jistu, karate, wrestling, kickboxing, boxing, all in one unique sport.

I agree with darb b-

UFC fighters aren't thrown in there against there will. They choose to fight.

ALSO- ufc fighters have so much respect for eachother. between rounds, and after figths they are always showing so much respect for eachother, even after fights, they say good job, handshake or hug, and they have a ton of respect. The only time they don't is in pre fight interviews, but all that is is just hype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDrc24P56hU

Your mother is entitled to have her opinion. There are many that do not like it or do not understand it. Those people shouldn't watch it.

Many of us view it as entertaining. This is our opinion.

Who is right?

Both.

Your perception is your reality. I am so glad that we are all unique and have our own opinions.

she doesn't understand it. most people still think that, but it's a sport and its safer than boxing, in boxing they are only punching each other in the head, sometimes the body. in mma they are wrestling, doing submissions, ect.

Some women struggle to understand fighting on a professional level. Show her some sportsmanlike conduct in MMA. They beat the piss out of each other but at the end they embrace each other and exchange respectful words. I relate it more to chess than to dog fighting myself. Dogs don't make it to professional MMA. Sorry.

Is you dad Senator McCain? UFC is sanctioned by the athletic commission....there are rules, weight classes, etc. to make it a sport. That perception is outdated and just outright ignorant....

Back