Nextel Blackberry 7520 Address Dialing and Speed Dialing Issue?

jharrica

Jun 12, 2008
I have a blackberry 7520 and when I try to make a call from my address book I get a message that says "the number or code you are trying to dial is invalid" I know the number is right because I can dial from the main screen just fine. For example if I dial 555-555-5555 from the main screen it works fine and the call is made. If I click on Mr. Jones in my address book and his number is 555-555-5555 it won't work.) Anyone know whats up with that??? It also does it on speed dial calls as well. Again, address book and speed dial does not allow me to make the call. Dialing from the main screen works just fine. Thanks

Mine too, an easy fix though fortunately
vB Easy Archive - BoostBerry! (Blackberry 7520 on Boost Mobile)
some smart dialing settings that need to be modified

I have a blackberry 7520 and when I try to make a call from my address book I get a message that says "the number or code you are trying to dial is invalid" I know the number is right because I can dial from the main screen just fine. For example if I dial 555-555-5555 from the main screen it works fine and the call is made. If I click on Mr. Jones in my address book and his number is 555-555-5555 it won't work.) Anyone know whats up with that??? It also does it on speed dial calls as well. Again, address book and speed dial does not allow me to make the call. Dialing from the main screen works just fine. Thanks

sorry, if the link didn't come through, in short: phone-options-smart dialing-
comfirm these settings: country code +1 and nat'l number length 11. Worked like a charm

Back