Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I upgrade my laptop (Toshiba Satellite M200) VGA card?

Can I upgrade my laptop (Toshiba Satellite M200) VGA card? The processor is 2.1Ghz and I want to add ram also, the maximum ram it can use is how much? I also want to add on VGA card... Is is possible? Thnanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No sorry the only thing upgradable on a laptop is ram and CD drive or DVD drives which ever it has. If the Laptop has a upgrade memory slot (small square panel on back of unit)
    as all computers are set for MEMORY limit is double the amount of its Original memory from factory. for instance if it has 1GB ram then its limit is 2GB total by adding 1GB ram to it. if its 2GB ram then only a 2GB limit etc. if you want to upgrade your video card because you want it to have more MEMORY then by upgrading the ram will help the video MEMORY as long as its a share Video memory in most cases it is. But if its dedicated Video then the extra ram wont help it. But its likely shared like most all video cards are on PC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No sorry the only thing upgradable on a laptop is ram and CD drive or DVD drives which ever it has. If the Laptop has a upgrade memory slot (small square panel on back of unit)
    as all computers are set for MEMORY limit is double the amount of its Original memory from factory. for instance if it has 1GB ram then its limit is 2GB total by adding 1GB ram to it. if its 2GB ram then only a 2GB limit etc. if you want to upgrade your video card because you want it to have more MEMORY then by upgrading the ram will help the video MEMORY as long as its a share Video memory in most cases it is. But if its dedicated Video then the extra ram wont help it. But its likely shared like most all video cards are on PC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Maximum RAM for that Laptop is about 4GB, I'm not sure if it has an expansion bay/slot.

Hope that helps

Downloads
    Uploads
    nope, everything is integrated