Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why won't my acer aspire 1 net book turn on?

Yesterday I turned on my lap top Acer Aspire One Net Book and surfed the web , it then listed my laptop using battery power. My battery died so I plugged it in , it still didn't turn on (AKA , Not charging properly) and I can no longer turn it on. I checked the plugs and they are all tightly in , I checked my wire and there are no knots or anything on it and I checked my battery but , that was fine to. Did my laptop break or am I doing anything wrong?

Best answer=10 points,

Unregistered

Netbook Won't Start

Disconnect the power cord and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for 30 sec. Release, insert the power cord without the battery. Press power button to start. The netbook should power up. You can insert the battery at that time.

I had the same problem. Acer tech support said the problem was caused by static.

acmrqrdt

Gear Thanks!

I was a bit skeptical, but this worked perfectly. My wife's little netbook is up and running again. You made me a hero!
    Thanks,
    ACM

Unregistered

Acer 1 Aspire Repair Technique

As first glance i had believed that the mother board was fried and that i had to look into another new computer again, i related the problem to the computer being on all the time and then thought that the problem could be due to static around the circuit. with hope i looked up on google.co.uk and came across this post with i was a bit sceptical as i seemed so simple, but it worked and now i am trilled and just wanted to personal thank you for this post................Thank you................................

Unregistered
    This works !! Thanks

Unregistered
    Just wanted to say thank you very much! I've had my Acer Netbook a week, and it switched itself off and then wouldn't boot up again. This has got it working again, and I am very grateful for finding this post. Many many thanks :-)

Unregistered
    Thank you very much for the response to this post. I had the same problem, tried out what was said to be the fix and it worked 1st time. Again, thank you very much .

Unregistered

Star Blue Thanks

That tip worked perfectly. Netbook is up and running like it should. Thanks so much.

Unregistered
    I LOVE YOU!

Unregistered
    Umm I tried it and it did by work... Is it maybe my power cord?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast