Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I AM Always Thinkin'!

MID-LIFE CRISIS: Are there things real?

What's the difference between a mid-life crisis and a person just acting like a selfish fool? Because from what I can see, a mid life crisis is just an excuse to be wreckless isn't it?

It seems to effect people in the LATE 20's and in their 30's.

Have these things always been around or is it new?

Does all it take is a strong mind to over come it?
    I'M NOT HAVING A MIDLIFE CRISIS!!

I'M 21. JUST ASKING!
    GUESS I USED THE WRONG AGE RANGE, HUH?

SO IT'S PEOPLE IN THEIR 40+?

ALRIGHT. THANKS GUYS!

countrygirl
    Hi! This is what I know. Mid life crisis happens later in life. Usually in your 50's. Just the other day, my husband and I were behind this guy driving a fancy sportscar. I said to my husband, "I bet its a guy in his 50's", and wouldn't you know, we pulled up behind him in a parking lot, and sure enough, he looked to be in his 50's. I think that its a last attempt at being young again. As long as it doesn't affect your family life(cheating,etc) then I don't see any harm in it. As far as the late 20's and 30's, well, thats a whole different story. They simply don't want to grow up. This has been around for as long as I've been alive and I'm sure it won't end anytime soon.

Michelle
    I full heartidly think mid-life crisis are real. My father definately went through this. He was not himself, and I think he suddenly realized he was getting older and that he needed to achieve certain things before he got too old. He questioned himself and his life a lot. He bought a new car, a new boat, went on a vacation about once a month. A lot of other small stuff. Anyway, the point is, I think that it does take a strong person to get through it, and a strong family to help him/her.

Autumn
    mid-life crisis generally happen to people in their 40's, but it can happen at different ages for different people. These people are trying to regain their youth or chasing some lost dream. Yes, they are behaving foolishly and very often realize it later on. Not everyone has this happen and some people do have strong enough minds to realize what is happening and do overcome it before it takes over and ruins their life or relationship.

Sweet Suzy 777!
    It is just an excuse cheaters like to use. Although some older men, suddenly wake up one day and realize they are getting older. They get all paranoid and start wondering if anyone besides their devoted wives are going to want them. They also take a look at their aging wife and decide they love her still, but are not in love with her any longer. They neglect to look in the mirror and see their aging bodies for what they are.

There are so many loose young bimbo's out there that will go for a dirty old married man and so they usually get on line and start cheating. Or flirting with other women they see. It's really a sick thing. It is lust gone wild. The guy could control this, his wife does. But then suddenly they don't have enough blood to run their brain and their member at the same time. They make really bad decisions and end up losing half of everything they own to divorce.

brandywillanswer
    i thought it happened in their 50's...but oh well...I just hope your situation gets better.

lucylocket7258
    I have lived with someone that went thru a mid life crisis and they are very real. He was 49 years old. , and I won't ever forget the changes this person went thru. Until you have see it for yourself,you would never understand. I think when you are younger, like in your 20's and 30's, it really is someone acting like a selfish fool and I also think that with a strong mind, they can overcome it. When it is a real mid life crisis, it is not easy to overcome, and there are actually those, like my X that is yet to come out of it and it has been 7 years.

onebriiguy
    I'm not a psychologist or anything. My guess is that the people in their 20's and 30's are just being selfish. I believe that a true mid-life crisis happens later - in the 40's most likely - when the body starts to fail and anxiety over death starts to take over. In desperation, they try to do things they used to do or things they wish they had done.

The solution is to live a life of service associated with a cause bigger than yourself. Philip Yancey, author and news correspondent, interviewed people from all walks of life. He said that the rich and famous were generally all messed up, but those dedicated to causes, to living their lives in service to others, were happy and well adjusted. I think there is a lesson for all of us.

Wolf Wisdom
    My hormones went wild in my early 40's. I'm now 49 and normalized - lol! My husband's are going wacky now, he is 54. Most people go through a phase where they reassess what they want for the balance of their lives, esp. at menopause or when children leave home.

If someone is acting out in their 20's or 30's typically they just aren't grown up yet or have other issues.

daljack
    A mid-life crisis usually happens to men in their late 40's-early 50's.

As long as the things they want to do don't negatively impact themselves or their families....it's not a problem

When it disrupts the family....then you have a problem and they may need help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast