Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dropped my Motorola boost mobile phone in Water.?

well i dropped it in and instantly took it apart and dried it then put it into a sock and let it sit in the oven at 105 degrease. and i took it out and it still worked fine then it turned off on its own and never turned back on. what could i do to fix this? is it under warranty?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Turn it off, take the battery out, and put the entire phone and battery in a container with plain white uncooked rice. Seal the container with a lid and leave it for 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works every time. Look it up on youtube.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Turn it off, take the battery out, and put the entire phone and battery in a container with plain white uncooked rice. Seal the container with a lid and leave it for 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works every time. Look it up on youtube.

Downloads
    Uploads
    tearing into it, and placing it in the oven will technically void the warranty.
    Try this...place your phone in a ziplock bag that is half full of rice. The rice will draw the moisture from the phone in about 2 days. It worked for me.

good luck

Junior Member Tannertgettin'byt's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most cell phone insurance policies don't cover water damage. :/ sorry. but CHECK with your carrier!
    -Tanner

oh yeah, most cell phone insurance policies don't cover BAKING your phone either. hahahaha.

Downloads
    Uploads
    tearing into it, and placing it in the oven will technically void the warranty.
    Try this...place your phone in a ziplock bag that is half full of rice. The rice will draw the moisture from the phone in about 2 days. It worked for me.

good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol u need to get a new phone. U fried ur system. Ur screwed!! If u got it less than 2 years ago it should be under warranty. Just get a new phone!

Downloads
    Uploads
    i did the same thing. They couldn't do anything so I got a completely different phone ( ihad even had a motorola) take it in and they can fix since you have warranty they can guve you a new one