Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: What is Divx?

Hieidarkdragon

What is Divx?

I just downloaded a program called Divx. What's a divx ? IS it like a media player or something? Once i got it i got different kind of things like divx web player and divx converter. How do i use it? What can i use it for? And What can i do with it ? And how helpful is it?

Irina N
    Yes, it is a very good program with ability to download and play different media files. It has own player. If you installed it, open Help in the main window and get all information there.
    Here is the description of it.
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_divx_play/

Dharme
    Divx is a technology of video compression like mpeg,wmv so on, invented by divx groups.we can play divx compressed video files with the divx codec pcs without this cant play divx videos. but several programs such as vlc media player(open source) itself has a codec and its light weight also

Steve
    divx is a video format. It's good quality, but doesn't take as much space. You can convert your videos to divx to save harddrive space and play them in the divx player you have.

Why'd you download it if you don't know what it is, though?

Robert B
    There is a web site Stage6.com where you can post and veiw videos and movies, it uses Divx. The only problem with that system is the buffering is very slow and some times it hangs up. Great full screen and picture quality but slow.