Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Dre D

i've noticed vista and the xbox360 can have xvid files streamed to them. How can I

get them to stream in xp? i use windows media player11 in XP but it can't play divx and xvid streams from the web. People have told me that avi is not a streamable format but wmp11 in vista and my xbox360 can play streamed divx and xvids.

Anyone know how i can get them to stream in xp?

Lok M
    TVersity (http://tversity.com) is a free "media server" application that will allow you to stream videos, music, and pictures from you XP or Vista PC, directly to your Xbox 360. TVersity can stream any media file that you can play on your PC.

It will be worth your while to download a codec pack for your PC that will allow you to play and stream a wide variety of media formats. I use K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.

Also, as an aside, the Xbox 360 can now play DivX/Xvid videos locally, meaning you should be able to burn them to a disc and play them by inserting the disc into the 360's drive.