Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    sharad p

how do i burn downloaded .Xvid movies on a DVD-R disc?

i have downloaded few movies on my hard-drive into Xvid format and want to burn these on to a DVD (i have bought a box of DVD-Rs). which is the best software to download,as I have tried using a couple of burner softwares but didnt work with DVD-R. Would Nero work? please advise

historian
    Not sure what you mean. Any DVD burner software will burn to a DVD-R or RW. It has to, or it wouldn't be DVD burner software.

How do you want to watch the video?
    If you're just trying to free up space on your hard drive, then just burn it directly to a disc. You can watch it on your computer any time.

What could be happening is that your DVD player, if that's what you're trying to burn and play on, doesn't like DVD-R or RW disks -- it will only play original disks. If that's the case, there's not much you can do. It's not the software or your computer's DVD burner -- it's the DVD player.