Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    evolution__24

Toshiba HD-DVD Player, keep it or sell it?

I'm well aware of the whole format war and Blu-ray looking to be more than likely the undisputed champion of this current generation. Anyways i just received a new Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD player and i'm not too sure if i should keep it. It's nice nonetheless, but it only plays up to 1080i which actually makes a difference for me. I have a PS3 which can play up to 1080p and yes, I CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE, anyways, should i go ahead and sell the HD-DVD player to some unknowning individual who knows nothing about this format war, or should i just keep it as a rare 2007 keep sake of something we'll never see again?

jpaone1
    You should have gotten Toshiba HD-A35 it is 1080p/24fps and 7.1 audio channel and TrueHD return your a3 if you can or sell it to someone you have just gotten the wrong player that is all. I have the a35 and it ell you it is phenomenal

Jarod C
    Keep it....what people don't know is Blu-ray screwed up. HD DVD's come with all the options, like inscreen viewing of movie production's and other extra's. Basically all that stuff you see on the HD DVD trailers they put on movies now...Blu ray didn't do that. Now, to catch up, Blu Ray is going to release movies with those, but guess what! You will need a Blu Ray 2.0 player. That's gonna make alot of owners of Blu Ray players mad considering you won't be able to upgrade the system, but buy a whole new one. Now, the blu ray player in the ps3 is an exception, for you will be able to upgrade that. HD is going to be around for awhile, i don't doubt that.

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9808376-1.html

TV guy
    Sell it. Someone can always use it as a decent upconverting player.

However, be aware that for a while not all movies will be in BD; in that case, it may be handy to have an HD player around.

So, if you can sell it for more than $150 sell, otherwise keep.

fore4kicks
    Keep it HD might win you never know