Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Anuj G

How to run xvid movies with sounds ?

I downloaded movies which had the file format as .avi . The video is running fine but there is no sound .It talks about some xvid and divx player. I have divx player and have also installed xvid codec but the audio is still not there . The readme file says that it has 128 kbps stereo audio. Please help as it will be greatly appreciated.

raged0800
    alright remember to install these when ever you reformat your pc, cause its typical needed files your need to play video's

cole2k media codec
    combined community codec pack (cccp)
    mkvinst
    OggDs
    tag2000audio
    xp_codec pack
    divx

not all of these will be needed. but its what I always use. and I never have problems with running files.

Also if you ever do have problems. get vlc player, it comes back with soo much stuff, that I do sometimes need to use that when watching futurama and so forth, its also useful for running media with built in subtitles and dubbed layers.

Unregistered

Dude5 THANK YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raged0800 View Post
    alright remember to install these when ever you reformat your pc, cause its typical needed files your need to play video's

cole2k media codec
    combined community codec pack (cccp)
    mkvinst
    OggDs
    tag2000audio
    xp_codec pack
    divx

not all of these will be needed. but its what I always use. and I never have problems with running files.

Also if you ever do have problems. get vlc player, it comes back with soo much stuff, that I do sometimes need to use that when watching futurama and so forth, its also useful for running media with built in subtitles and dubbed layers.
    After several hours of back and forth between divx and xvid and blah blah blah,.. your list of codec downloads are excellent..

Downloaded them. Not a single problem since!

Thanks again!