Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    CobMan151

How do I play this "xvid" movie??

I downloaded a movie and it is an xvid file. When I open the folder, I see 49 files and they range from "vmt-sarah-xvid.r00" to "vmt.sarah-xvid.r49". There are 3 other files in that folder-"vmt-sarah-xvid.nfo", "vmt-sarah-xvid.rar", and "vmt-sarah-xvid.sfv". None of the programs on my MacBook will open any of those 52 files. Is there some kind of funny player I need for xvid files? I tried downloading and installing a "xvid component" for my Quicktime but either I didn't install it right (I'm pretty sure I did it right) or it just isn't the right thing I need. I will appreciate any help. Thanx.

VLC doesn't work either.

ifilmu
    XVID file needan Xvid drive youcan locate downald site from google

www.soft32.com/download_2781.html - 69k

http://www.techspot.com/download198.html

these 2 shoulddirect to beable to download the dvic codec, without the codec you can't watch xvid incoded movies

TiredTrucker
    I'm not a mac guy, but the video is probably compressed in the .rar file. You need a mac program that opens this type of archive. in windows, the programs that we use to open these is winrar or 7-zip. you need a mac version of one of those two programs. the .rxy (xy being numbers) are the parts of the same .rar file, the .rar file is split into 50 parts. keep the .rar and all it's 49 parts in one folder or directory, then use whatever program you can find on the main .rar file, it will put all the peices together into a video file. THEN you are going to need VLC to view it, because xvid is a special codec, VLC will play it just fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAR_(file_format)

that site will give you suggestions on what program to download and use.