Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    John K

How long do you think until Blue-Ray replaces HD-DVD?

Also, what is the life expenticence of reguler DVD video?

adrianclay81882003
    I think that Blu-Ray will replace HD-DVD completely by the end of this year or early 2009.

I've seen articles online saying that even though the prices of HD-DVD players have dropped and they are cheaper than Blu-Ray DVD players, it still hasn't made a difference. Blu-Ray is still outselling HD-DVD by a large margin.

I mean seriously, why would someone even buy a HD-DVD player even if it's cheaper when the majority of the major movie production companies don't support it and only support Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is supported by 5 or 6 of the major movie production companies now, and just 2 movie production companies still support HD-DVD.

You really don't have to worry about regular DVD's, because Blu-Ray DVD players can play regular DVD's also. I'm not too sure how long standard DVD's will be sold though. I think that standard DVD will continue to be sold for about 2 or 3 more years probably.

oshkosh 8
    It depends on a lot of thinks like if popular companies put their movies on blu-ray, how much blu-ray players cost, how much is their competion selling their product for(HD-DVD). The life expenticence of a regular DVD video should be forever if you take good care of it.

oshkosh 8
    It depends on a lot of thinks like if popular companies put their movies on blu-ray, how much blu-ray players cost, how much is their competion selling their product for(HD-DVD). The life expenticence of a regular DVD video should be forever if you take good care of it.