Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Internet protocol ipv4 question?

Does changing the ipv4 do anything, like make your internet less traffic? Because one of my friends told me to change it.... And I don't know how and I don't know if I should?....

Downloads
    Uploads
    IPv4 is just a protocol, changing it won't do anything. At some point all computers will have to switch over to IPv6 b/c we will eventually run out of addresses. Even then I should think it would be done automatically. But its like an addressing scheme. Don't even worry about it for now.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Lord View Post
    Does changing the ipv4 do anything, like make your internet less traffic? Because one of my friends told me to change it.... And I don't know how and I don't know if I should?....
    An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each connection.The computer uses this to establish the connection.Two versions of the IP are in use: IP Version 4 and IP Version 6.In IPv4 an address consists of 32 bits and the IP v6 uses from 32 to 128 bits.Changing the IP address does not mean to make the internet traffic less.I have changed my IP address for the reason that I had an IP conflict error.I was advised to reset the modem and check in Ip-details.com of the change and then I was able to get rid of the IP conflict.