Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need to fix this big cigarette burn hole in my cloth seat in my truck, NOW!!!?

My friend was drinking and burnt my seat. I have no burn holes and I was on my way to make my first payment on it! I just got it! I hate it. I don't want to look at it and I know it takes the value down too, so I would like to fix it and then cover it with seat covers also because I need them anyway since my 3 kids are so small and get stuff all over and step in seats. It is an 04 chevy Trailblazer with like a tan cloth interior. Not leather or nothing fancy. How much should this cost me to fix is I take it somewhere and if I can do it myself, what do I get and where do I get it, how much does it cost? Thank you for your help in advance. Do not bother posting anything saying not to smoke in the truck, not to hang out with my drunk friend, or anything of that matter because for one, I am in no mood at all for it and I was worried about her smoking in it before it even happened but can't deal with her getting all offended as drunks do if you tell them they are too drunk to smoke in your vehicle. This question is for people who know what they are talking about. No, "get new seat", "buy seat covers" or what not please. Everyone else that can offer some advice on what to do ABOUT THE BURN thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    see your local chevy dealer they may be able to still order that fabric that is moulded and made for your seat and you can recover the seat. its not too hard to install it your self they just clip on. there is no way to "repair" it and have it look good. price somewhere around 100-200 bucks probably

Downloads
    Uploads
    well you want advice but you want to dictate what people say if i wasn't such a nice guy i would skip this question well an upholstery could replace the part of the seat carelessness has affected which would probably cost $300-$500 a new/used seat from a junkyard will cost about as much so you are looking at $300-$500 for a fix really no other way to fix it unless you want to spend $1000 and up for a new seat with install as far as you being able to fix it.it would depend on weather or not you have any experience or not so your cheapest fix is just to cover it with a seat cover (i know what im talking about) if your just trying to hide it then get touch paint that matches and dab it on but when you burn a seat there is no easy fix and maybe you should ask a little nicer( its not our fault your friend burned your seat while drunk )
    good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    Simple solution to your problem. Materials you'll need are one tube of CRAZY GLUE or permanent, clear glue. Second material is a razor blade or razor knife. Third material is one small square of cardboard.

Step 1.) Using piece of cardboard to catch shavings; use the razor blade or knife to scrape a little bit of the fabric off of the BOTTOM OF YOUR BACK SEAT! (The bottom of the back seat is where the seat meets the floorboards, and you'll want a little more fabric shavings than you think will fill the hole.)

Step 2.) Using your Super Glue or Crazy Glue, apply a few drops only to the hole and the padding inside the hole.

Step 3.) Shake the cardboard with the shavings over the hole, and thus you'll fill the cigarette burn.

This step is used by car dealers worldwide to cover up burn holes in the carpet, upholstery, and seats. Trust me, it's cheap, easy, and if you do it right, you'll fill in the cigarette burn, with little or no remaining hole.

p.s.- If the burn is so deep that the foam padding underneath has been burned, you may have to use a little bit of filler. You can use foam, cotton balls, or even plastic grocery bag pieces to fill the hole. This will create a backing for the glue and the fabric to bond to.

Good Luck,

Double X

p.s.s. - Please check out my new site new-n-usedparts.webs.com, for any new or used car parts, home appliance, or lawnmower needs you may have.

Good Luck Again

Junior Member italianstalian9965's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just go to a auto seat cover shop/ and or dealership and get it fixed and make the drunk friend pay for it and get seat covers eventually when it is fixed

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.5starshine.com/info-automotive-carpet-upholstery-repair-kit.html

Also, besides the kit above, I have "repaired" my truck seat with a chemical called GOOP. First I took a piece of garbage bag the twice the size of the hole and worked it into the hole and centering it under the hole. Then used the goop on the hole and used enough to cover the frayed edges to keep them from spreading. Then let it cure and cover it with a seat cover. The plastic under the cloth prevents the goop from curing to the foam so when you replace the fabric, it doesnt pull and tear the foam.

Junior Member italianstalian9965's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just go to a auto seat cover shop/ and or dealership and get it fixed and make the drunk friend pay for it and get seat covers eventually when it is fixed