how do I cancel my game saver subscription on the internet ?

MH100

Feb 26, 2009
Why can't Yahoo themselves answer my question. I found a charge on my bill for what I thought was a free game. Help!

there is no way to cancel i tried everything...try calling the bank and say u lost ur credit card so u get a new 1 that way they cant charge you

I tried that and they still are charging the game to my new card. I'm going to cancel my card tonight if they won't waive the fees.

Cancellation

From this link: Oberon/Yahoo Complaints - games

Having problems cancelling your Oberon/Yahoo game subscription because they are all eager to take your money but don't allow you any easy way to cancel? I emailed Yahoo and was told it was an Oberon issue. I emailed Oberon through their contact sites 4 times with not one response. Finally after being billed in excess of what I agree to do and about 2 weeks of searching, I found out how to do this. I am so pissed at the company, I am sharing it. I understand that this info has been posted on other web sites and then removed by Yahoo. Who cares, here it is:

I also had problems here is how to cancel..
Once you are logged in:

1. Go to Yahoo! Games
2. Click on the "More Info/Buy now" link of any downloadable game
3. Click on the "Buy Full Version" link

4. Please click on the Y! Games subscription FAQ to access the cancel link.

I tried that 3 times already and the stupid link either wont link or when it finally did it said I didn't have an account. They claim they don't recognize my user name. I verified the email address that they send advertisements for new games to and well I was right but they still claim I don't have an account!!!!! UGHHHH!

GameSaver Subscription

I just talked to my bank also and they were able to block them from taking the monthly charges from my account. They were unable to locate any type of phone number or info on them also.

I found out how to do it! Unfortuntely after i went to my credit card company and had them file a dispute and change my account number, but hopefully someone else will see this!

Go to a yahoo game and click the 'buy-now' button. Don't worry, you wont actually buy the game. Sign in using your yahoo ID and then instead of clicking 'redeem free' click on 'my account' at the bottom is a cancellation link!

Unfortunately you only have 4 days to cancel the subscription before they start charging and if you signed up for the 12 month subscription then you either have to buy out or let them keep charging for the full 12 months.

you'll love this. . .

I like this, after clicking the "cancel my subscription" like (which I only found thanks to you all), I got the following message:

Yahoo! Games Subscription Status
Our records show that you do not own a Yahoo! Games Subscription Membership.

Really? Because I only have one Yahoo ID and you've been charging my credit card for over 4 months now! Ugh!!

I have the same problem.. wont let me sign in.. yet keeps charging my card.. they have taken nearly 100 dollars so far and my bank wont do anything.

try signing in to buy a game,instead of purchasing click the link "gamesaver FAQ",there should be a question "how do i cancel" click that link,and u should be able to cancel from there.I had same problem,thought i was going to have to cancel credit card

report credit card lost and they will issue you a new one. Do not type credit card number into game sites. AT All

Back