1999 Dodge Stratus trouble code P1490, what does this code mean. Looked in standard

ronbest9454

Oct 9, 2008
books, it is not listed !? I have the above vehicle, and it was stalling and difficult to restart. It has the 2.4 L dual overhead cam.Found the fuel pump was bad and replaced the pump and filter. Prior to changing the pump the car did not have any trouble codes. After removing and installing the new pump and filter the check engine light came on and the code scanner read a code of P1490. I cannot find this code listed anywhere, I checked the Haynes book and checked online Actrons website and it was not listed there either, I called them and they told me it was a "Manufactures Specific Code". I called a dealer and the only suggestion they gave me was to bring the car in for service. Can anyone help me out to determine the code. The car is running fine but the check engine light is on. I tried to disconnect the battery to get the engine light to reset after I tried to clear the codes with the code scanner.I would appreciate any help !!!!!!

Back