Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can Sprint take money from your account without your permission?

Last month Sprint took $150 out of my bank without permission. I called Sprint and they apologised and said I wasn't signed up for any reoccurring payments and they said it would not happen again however, they did not refund my money. This month, the same thing happened. They took out $145 from my account without permission again. Once again, they aplogised but said I would have to call my bank and my bank would have to stop the transaction. My bank said that they have to wait for 5 days and then I can dispute it. I'm tired of disputing this every month. Isn't this like stealing when they do not have permission? I've had 2 people from Sprint tell me I do not have reoccurring payment set up.
    Sprint is the one taking out the money. My bank said the only way they can stop this is if I cancel my bank card but then it will stop my money from being refunded. Im thinking of changing both cell phones and banks.

Ive been a Sprint customer almost 2 years and I always pay my bill in person. I used my debit card 1 time to pay my cell phone bill( when we evacuated for the hurricane) and now since they have a card on file with me, they take money from my account. Its a big deal when you didn't authorize the transaction

Downloads
    Uploads
    No they can't. I would put a stop pay on the check. Call Sprint ask for a supervisor. Demand a refund (if it's needed) advise them you will be contacting the BBB & an Attorney if it continues to happen.

They did the same thing to me. I had to threaten a law suite against Sprint in order for the automatic drafts to stop. I never signed up for an automatic payments. They drafted me 3times in 1 month. Caused my bank account to go negative over $1500.00 plus all the overdraft fees. They gave me my money back but refused to pay the fees they caused. Needless to say I dropped them as a carrier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I work at sprint, and I have never had anyone with this problem.

What I would do, is check your next bank statement, and see exactly who is withdrawing the money. I have had something similar happen to me, where it looked like it was Comcast taking money, but it was some fraudulent busness steeling my money.

If you check that and it definitely is Sprint. Contact your bank, ask them to STOP any and all payments being withdrawn for that account (Sprint). That should stop the payments, as for getting reinbursement, if you have a major bank (Chase, National City, ect) All you will have to do is file a claim for it. but if the money actually got credited to your Sprint accont they wont refund your money, and that would be something you would have to work out with Sprint.

Hope that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you did not have it setup to do tha then no

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to get to someone higher at Sprint than to whom you are speaking. Tell them that you want this to stop immediately and that you want the funds refunded to you or your account within a seven day period. Let them know too that if it does not stop you will be removing your account with them and moving to a competitor and that they had better not assess any charges for doing such.

Sprint is in the hole financially so this does not surprise me at all.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go, in person, to your bank and ask to see the paperwork allowing Sprint to withdraw funds. Not likely the bank is allowing this without proper authorization.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might want to go into a Sprint office and see for yourself. What's the big deal, at least you are currant on your bill? I hope you weren't going to short them.