Do you think there is media conspiracy and are you sure your not part of a...

BeJeS

Feb 18, 2009
...media political paradox? Are you able sift through the opinion and facts for yourselves? Do you do enough research to form your own opinion or do you trust what your favorite TV pundits says about certain subjects because his beliefs mirrors yours. How do you know your source of television information doesn't have an agenda ? Why do you think the jedi mind tricks are ineffective when it comes to you? Are those same devices you condemn; simultaneously, being used on you to persuade you to hate the other side. Let me know seriously..I want to know what makes your mind impervious media jedi mind tricks.

I treat with skepticism any information on politics regardless of its source. Whether there is a conspiracy, I don't know. I am quite certain that there is enough wealth, power and influence involved that there would be plenty of a motive for there to be one. To ignore the possibility would be naive in my opinion.

I filter political news through my philosophy. Being based upon concepts of liberty, big government does not generally make through that filter very well. I realize that introduces a bias to what I tend to believe. I can only be conscious of the bias and try to remind myself of being skeptical of supposed facts whether they appear to back up my philosophy or not.

I don't know necessarily whether I am impervious to jedi mind tricks. I don't so much fall for anything that the media tells me. But people who do not share my philosophy might claim that I have fallen for tricks of a different sort. I like to think that my opinions are of a higher quality since they are based upon carefully thought out principles.

Facts should have a bearing upon judging my opinions, of course. Ultimately, if I am right about my political views, they should be apparent in how well society operates. I do believe that observations culled from a wide variety of sources back up my views. But again, there is that bias since I have chosen to emphasize individual liberty. Another person with a different emphasis would certainly perceive things differently.

So I have to admit that I've talked around your question some. In short, no one is really immune from being misled. Between my insistence on principle and my skepticism, I hope that I am right more than I am wrong.

There is a stark difference between News "Analysts" and people who portray themselves as "objective" Journalists. Reporters, TV Anchor people - these people are supposed to be Objective - however, they are almost exclusively biased to the left.

TV talking heads that do analysis don't need to be objective. People do not watch them for their objectivity. They are not presenting the news. They are only discussing it.

My husband works for the media - we know all the jedi mind tricks. And since we know them, we can fight them.

And yes, we do our own comprehensive research and make up our own minds about the issues based on unbiased research.

Majority of the media is owned and controlled by the criminal Elites and big fat corps, the news are mostly tailored to promote their agenda.

Regards.

no one can sift through it all perfectly. even if there was an objective reporter, there are parts of the point of view of the media consumer that is based on their sociolagical imagination and their personality and idenity and all those other factors from soc and psych. The media is good at using this to thier advantage no matter what media is consumed.

is there a media consiracy? i don't think so, that is a bit paranoid for my tastes, I think there is a media oligarchy that isn't very competitive (with themsellves or the sources of news) and I think that the media business is under a massive flux b/c of an increase of technology access for both consumers and media outlets.

I think that most people get their news from a media source that they personally agree with.

All good reporters tweek their messages to try to get the most good response from the masses. if they did not they would be out of that line of work in a jiffy.

the truth is that what is "fact" and what is "truth" is often up for debate and I think that is the grey area that this question is in response to. In scientific terminology there are many theories and few laws.

I watch all news as often as I can. If you have a wide range of information to deal with then the contrast between each one becomes clearer and clearer - and you can conclude that it's all BS.

the media is full of bull. alot of times they try to get a good story no matter what. they will turn things around and make it head torward the opposite way.

I know the media is all about Obama and the success of even the worst of his ideas. You needn't point it out to me--and the Obama supporters won't believe you. As for "jedi mind tricks," perhaps you should stop watching sci-fi movies for a while.

MOST PEOPLE LIKE THE TASTE OF THE KOOL-AID THEY DRINK, THEN THEY ASK FOR MORE , PLEASE

report on A-Rod or all the secret bills in the stimulas

Back