Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My wireless internet is slow. Could this be due to an old wireless router?

I hve a hardline connection to a desktop then a wireless signal to my laptop. Both the lap top and desktop continue to run at 25kbs while downloading even though I recently upgraded my connection speed with my provider. Could this be due to an old modem/router? Any other suggestions to speed it up. It also drops out quit regularly even when I sit with my lap top next to the wireless router. Any suggestions. Thanks for the help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an old Dlink wireless router with max speed of 128 which was a great connection compared to the 56 that most use. it had the same prob you are having,works well hard wired but dropped out when using wireless. i could not get it to work so I bought another which is 56 and it works better than my 128. they are cheap now so i suggest buying a new one or use it hardwired.