Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people always complain about being broke, when I know they have...

...more money than I do? I mean, geez, I am about to be unemployed in 2 more weeks, and I am in my 30s, single, with about 00-00 to my name, plus, I am engaged, and my fiance won't have a new job until the end of March or in April. So, I just get sick of hearing people with a 2 income household and a house, moaning about having no money. Also, currently, people I work with have the same job as me, and they complain about how they have no money, and I am sure they have more than I do. I will be unemployed because I decided not to stay at my school and teach a third year in Korea. I didn't save tons like some people, because I actually took trips,shopped and had a life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    .. i know how you feel...my co-workers are the same.. I'm sick of them complaining about money so much.. Somehow they just can't seem to keep it to themselves.. .. Have fun in Korea.. I've never been there, the closest I've ever been next to Korea was Japan and Taiwan... So Just ignore it, and live your life... that's what I do..

Junior Member mladiescanpartytootm's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why are you complaining?
    theres some people that have it EVEN WORSE
    then you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because they are related to all the girls that are skinnier than I am that like to whine to me about how fat they are lol!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's all relative, my friend.

You are in a much better position financially than I am, I am unemployed and have been for 8 months now. I have blown my savings on living expenses and am flat broke. I would trade with you any day.

You see, again, it is all relative.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They may be intimidated by you, and they feel that being modest about themselves may make you think higher of them.

Or, they just want to make you feel like you are a lesser person.

It really depends on who they are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if someone makes more money than you do, it doesn't mean they have more money than you do. They could be up to their eyeballs in debt. My brother used to make 6 figures, but spent everything he made, so he was always broke. It's not what you make, it's what you do with it that determines if you are broke or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    People don't know how to spend, and a loss (bills for example) appears to them as if they're "broke". However, a lower income leads you to look for sales, etc, and you spend less and save more, and that appears to you as if you have a lot of money. To other people, who make more and spend more (they don't HAVE to look for sales), it appears as if they've lost more than they gained.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's because people don't realize how good thay have it.