Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are satellite phones traceable?

I want to purchase a satellite phone rather than a normal phone and I want to know if these phones are traceable and can be recorded by the government or by who ever. In simple other words, can these phones be tapped? Or traced?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes they can, and I honestly don't see a problem with the government knowing whom I call and what I say. We at least live in the United States where we can not be charged unfairly. Unless the phone is encrypted, it can be traced. Good luck getting an encrypted phone however, unless you work in any kind of major illegal operation?

Unregistered

Satellite Dish Naive

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Yes they can, and I honestly don't see a problem with the government knowing whom I call and what I say. We at least live in the United States where we can not be charged unfairly. Unless the phone is encrypted, it can be traced. Good luck getting an encrypted phone however, unless you work in any kind of major illegal operation?
    Amazingly naive arent you?, the mantra of if I have nothing to hide why worry about the laws that restrict the freedom...live somewhere it does, want that or need that freedom and u will understand. Its okay for the government to want to (as you say) "hide" there calls or businesses etc, but its wrong for the private citizens who's rights aren't ambigious but constitutional to want the same?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Yes they can, and I honestly don't see a problem with the government knowing whom I call and what I say. We at least live in the United States where we can not be charged unfairly...
    And look where we are now...

Unregistered
    ur smart & exactly right
    i want an encrypted satellite phone 4 myself + there r ppl out there other then the government who r better at tracing and tapping into ur phone