Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Jaguars are cutting Fred Taylor. Where will he go or will he retire?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/16/jags-cutting-fred-taylor/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that they would regret it. Jones Drew can not handle the full work load on his own. He is more of a WR/RB and taylor is a power back. They have to replace him if they do in fact get rid of him

Downloads
    Uploads
    isnt he 30+ i think its about time he take a break

Downloads
    Uploads
    If he's smart he'll retire. But, he will probably go to some team who needs a running back, and then retire in the preseason. This was not unexpected. Maurice Jones-Drew is a way better back then Fred Taylor. But, like I said, if he's smart he'll retire.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a huge Jaguars fan. They were actually talking about cutting Taylor back when the season was still going.

Let me rephrase that. They didn't have entensions of cutting him DURING the season. It was expected after the season. The conversation just arrose during the season. Anyway...

I didn't think it was going to happen. I figured the Jags would let Taylor finish out his contract. But the article is right. I mean, Jones Drew could help this team a lot more if he had more carries.

In a press conference earlier in the year, Taylor stated that he still can paly and would seek another job opportunity pending a release from the Jaguars. So i don't see him retiring unless a team doesn't pick him up. I also don't see him staying very well as a back up either. Maybe a season if that. And i know Taylor isn't THAT happy this past season when Jones Drew lead all rushing catetories. Yards, Carries, Catches, Touchdowns, all.

The teams i could see him going to would be... Cleveland Browns, Cincinatti Bengals, Or mabye a Back up for Joseph Addaii in Indy.

I don't know. All i know is Taylor wants to keep playing for a few more seasons. He wants to catch Jim Brown in rushing yards to get in the top 7 in most rushing yards in a career.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Browns are always down for another washed up RB.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a few teams that will take a look at him, since the league is no longer just a 1 RB league, a team like the Redskins, 49ers, Rams or Lions would jump out to me as contenders since they are rebuilding and could use a 2 back set.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a few teams that will take a look at him, since the league is no longer just a 1 RB league, a team like the Redskins, 49ers, Rams or Lions would jump out to me as contenders since they are rebuilding and could use a 2 back set.

Downloads
    Uploads
    he will play somewhere lions, packers, bills,browns,Kansas city, unless he wants to coach or work for espn?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Pack is going to pick him up after what happened with Ryan Grant last season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast