dont know what to do. first car accident.?

daniel

May 12, 2008
i got in my first accident the other day. it is not terrible but i went to a shop and they said the car is close to being totalled. i have to talk to my insurance and have they do a full damage assesment or something like that. i sister in law says i should let them total the car and get money and buy a new car. but the car is my brothers car which he bought about 2 weeks before he went in the hospital and later passed away so i kinda has a sentimental value to it as well. what should i do and what is the best way to go with all this?

A vehicle that has been that damaged would cause you and your wallet nothing but grief.If it that damaged your axle is probably bent up real bad and other stuff.The repair of it is probably worth more than the car itself. I would maybe take off a part of the car like the name or something small you can put in your next vehicle. Like a logo.It sounds like the car needs to be replaced.

Well I'm tempted to say take the money.
I wouldn't let sentimental value get in the way on this one.

Because you're going to have to get another car eventually, so why waste all the money trying to fix it?

Back