why does a sky box have to be connected to a phone line?

It does when the technicians come round, but as soon as they had installed it, we disconnected ours. You don't need it unless you are going to play those stupid games or enter competitions through the TV.
Hope this helps you and have a good Valentine's Day,
Nat

as soon as fitter left i unplugged mine.it doesn't have to be left plugged in

Yoy Dont Have 2 Yu Only Need 2 Put It In If Yu Wanna Order A Movie On Box Office
Or Some Update Thing

its for updates and such also for the interactive side of things eg games and stuff if it ain't plugged in u can't buy anything

As far as i know it is for interactivity purposes like if u want to watch something on sky box office that u must pay for. this goes for interactive games.
the reason why it needs a phone line for this is because the satelite reciever connected to ur sky box can only recieve signals and cannot send data to the astra satelite in the sky

i think its for updates but i dont have mine plugged in as when idid i had a faulty box and it was dialing up the box movie channel and booking movies that i didnt know about and i had to pay for

i think its for updates but i dont have mine plugged in as when idid i had a faulty box and it was dialing up the box movie channel and booking movies that i didnt know about and i had to pay for

for updates and to ensure that you are charged for services such as box office etc

You dont have to have it plugged in, we never had ours plugged in

Back